Gluten-Free Cranberry Apple Pie
Easy as pie; this recipe definitely fits the bill! Use a premade crust, fill the pie with freshly cut apples and warm spices, top with streusel, and bake. Done.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||prepared gluten-free pie crust|
|½ tsp.||lemon juice|
|1 ½ c.||cranberries|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|½ tsp.||Tone's ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp.||Tone's nutmeg|
|¼ tsp.||Tone's cloves|
|1 c.||chopped Hy-Vee English walnuts|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|1 ½ c.||gluten-free Midel gingersnaps or chopped Enjoy Life caramel apple bar|
- Bake pie crust at 325 degrees for 5 minutes or according to package directions.
- Peel, core and cut apples into chunks. Toss in a bowl and squeeze on lemon juice.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and toss to combine. Transfer to crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the streusel topping. In a medium bowl, combine chopped walnuts, melted butter and crushed gingersnaps and stir until crumbly.
- Top pie with streusel topping and return to oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%
adapted from http://sweetandfreelife.com/2012/04/apple-cranberry-pie-with-walnut-streusel-topping/