Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground ginger|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cloves|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed|
|½ c.||dark molasses|
|1 tbsp.||milled flaxseed|
|red hot cinnamon candies, optional|
Things To Grab
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl once. Beat in molasses, flax and water. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended.
- Form dough into 3 discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Working with one disc at a time, unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough with lightly floured rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out gingerbread people with floured 5-inch cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Optional: press red hot cinnamon candies into dough for eyes or buttons.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for one minute. Remove cookies to wire rack. Cool completely.
190 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%