Fried Mac N Cheese
If you don't have leftover mac & cheese, pick up a fresh batch from the Hy-Vee Kitchen and transform it into this fun finger food.
Servings and Ingredients
|leftover macaroni and cheese|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee panko breadcrumbs|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee milk|
|oil, for frying|
|marinara sauce, for dipping|
- Press leftover macaroni and cheese into a 13-by-9-inch or an 8-inch-square baking dish. Freeze.
- Cut frozen macaroni and cheese into 1-1/4-inch rectangles.
- Place panko breadcrumbs in a bowl. Whisk together egg and milk in another bowl.
- Dip rectangles into egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs.
- In a deep fryer or skillet, fry in 350-degree oil for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with marinara or other dipping sauce, if desired.
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2013.