Fresh Tomato Cheese Tart
Servings and Ingredients
|1||prepared pie dough for one 9-inch pie shell|
|¾ c.||ricotta cheese|
|¼ c.||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|¼ c.||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 ½ tsp.||Spice Islands sweet basil, divided|
|¼ tsp.||Spice Islands fine grind black pepper|
|¼ tsp.||Spice Islands thyme leaves|
|¼ tsp.||Spice Islands rosemary leaves, crushed, divided|
|2||medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
- Place pie dough flat on ungreased baking sheet. Generously pierce dough with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until light brown.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon basil, black pepper, thyme and 1/8 teaspoon rosemary. Mix well. Spread on the baked crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Arrange tomatoes in a circular pattern on the filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil and 1/8 teaspoon rosemary. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm.