Football Cake Pops
You can use any flavor of cake to make these kickin' pops—we just happen to be big chocolate fans. Go chocolate, go!
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(18.25 oz) box Hy-Vee devil’s food cake mix|
|1 ⅓ c.||water|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee vegetable oil|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee milk chocolate frosting|
|2||(7 oz each) tubs Bakers dipping chocolate|
|25||wooden craft sticks|
|White icing, optional|
Things To Grab
- Prepare cake according to package directions for a 9-by-13-inch baking pan using water, eggs and oil. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake by hand or in food processor. Stir in frosting and mix well.
- Roll mixture into 1-1/2-inch football shaped cake balls. Place on baking sheet and chill for several hours or freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer or refrigerator. Melt dipping chocolate according to package directions. Dip the tip of a craft stick into the melted chocolate, then into the center of a cake ball. Dip the cake ball into melted chocolate to coat.
- Stick in a piece of Styrofoam until chocolate dries. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Decorate with white icing to look like footballs, if desired.
260 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of February 2, 2011.