Flax Cinnamon Buns
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c. plus 2 tbsp 2% milk, divided|
|3 c. all-purpose flour|
|¾ c. ground flax seed|
|½ tsp. salt|
|⅓ c. plus 3 tbsp sugar, divided|
|7 tbsp. butter or margarine, divided|
|2 tsp. fast-rising instant yeast|
|1 tbsp. cinnamon|
|½ tsp. nutmeg, optional|
|1 c. powdered sugar|
|½ tsp. vanilla|
- Place 3/4 cup milk, egg, flour, flax seed, salt, 3 tablespoons white sugar, 4 tablespoons butter and yeast in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select "Dough" cycle.
- When completed, remove dough from pan and place on floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 10-by-15 inches.
- Spread 3 tablespoons margarine or butter over dough to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg evenly over the dough.
- Roll up dough tightly on the long side. Press edges to seal and form into a 12-inch long, evenly shaped roll.
- Cut the roll into 1-inch pieces.
- Place rolls into a greased 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Cover pan and let rise until double in volume, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake rolls at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan 10 to 14 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla for a glaze. Drizzle rolls with glaze.
- Cut rolls apart and remove from pan.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 6g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.