Elderflower, Peach and Gin Cocktail with Thyme Syrup
Servings and Ingredients
|For Thyme Syrup:|
|½ c. sugar|
|½ c. water|
|1 tbsp. dried thyme leaves (make sure your dried thyme is fresh, no more than 12 months old)|
|For Peach-Gin Cocktails:|
|2 c. diced ripe peaches or nectarines, divided|
|1 c. peach schnapps, divided|
|8 tbsp. gin, divided|
|8 tbsp. St. Germain liqueur, divided|
|8 tbsp. Thyme Syrup, divided|
|8 tsp. fresh lime juice, divided|
|Peach slices and fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish|
- To make Thyme Syrup:
- Mix sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add thyme. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Strain. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. This makes enough syrup for 8 Peach-Gin Cocktails.
- To make Peach-Gin Cocktail:
- Fill cocktail shaker half-full with cracked ice.
- Fill cocktail shaker half-full with cracked ice. Add 1/2 cup diced peaches, 1/4 cup peach schnapps, 2 tablespoons gin, 2 tablespoons St. Germain liqueur, 2 tablespoons Thyme Syrup and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Shake until well mixed (at least 20 shakes) and chilled. Strain into 2 cocktail glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a peach slice and thyme sprig. Repeat with remaining ingredients.