Egg, Bacon and Mushroom Bake
Servings and Ingredients
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|2 c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|⅛ tsp. Hy-Vee ground pepper|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 (4 oz) can Hy-Vee mushrooms stems and pieces, drained|
|1 medium shallot, diced|
|½ c. chopped green pepper|
|12 Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|1 (2.3 oz) pkg Hy-Vee precooked bacon, chopped|
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in mushrooms. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté shallots and green pepper in remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add eggs and bacon to shallots and peppers. Scramble until set.
- Fold the cheese mixture into eggs. Pour mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake covered eggs for 30 minutes.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 245mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%