Dr. Hyman's Championship Artichoke Dip
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. whole raw cashews|
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|½ c. water|
|1 avocado, ripe, peeled and diced in chunks|
|juice from 1/2 lemon|
|¼ onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 (16 oz) bag frozen organic spinach, thawed, finely chopped|
|1 (14 oz) jar brined artichokes, drained, rough chopped|
|½ tsp. sea salt|
|Red pepper flakes, to taste|
|Fresh parsley, for garnish|
|Fresh vegetables, for serving|
- Place cashews, 1/2 tablespoon oil, and water into a food processor and blend until a smooth, buttery texture is formed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pulse in avocado chunks until it's roughly combined with cashew sauce. There should be a slightly chunky texture. Set mixture aside in a medium-sized serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add in garlic, and stir continuously until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add in spinach and artichokes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until veggie mixture is warmed through. Add in salt and red pepper flakes, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes or until no longer piping hot.
- Add spinach mixture to serving bowl and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley, if using. Serve immediately with a side of fresh vegetables.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
147 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 226mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 4g
Mark Hyman, M.D., http://drhyman.com/blog/tag/artichoke-dip/.