Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie
Just when you think pumpkin pie can't get any creamier, it does.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 Hy-Vee refrigerated pie crust|
|1 (8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|3 Hy-Vee large eggs, divided|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee nutmeg|
|2 tbsp. rum or 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee vanilla|
|1 ¼ c. Hy-Vee pumpkin or Homemade Pumpkin Puree|
|1 c. Hy-Vee evaporated milk|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ginger|
|¼ tsp. ground cloves|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|½ c. Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|Rum Whipped Cream for serving|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust in a deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, nutmeg and rum with electric mixer until smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pie crust.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, remaining 2 eggs, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt until thoroughly combined. Starting around edge of pie, slowly pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make streusel topping. Combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over pie. Bake 10 minutes more or until center is nearly set and topping is golden. Cool to room temperature. Cover loosely and chill. If desired, serve with Rum Whipped Cream.
480 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 100%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2010.