Double Chocolate Caramel Brownies
These luscious brownies are made extra special with a gooey topping of melted caramels, chocolate-covered raisins, walnuts and toasted coconut.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(19 oz) pkg fudge brownie mix|
|1||(14 oz) pkg Kraft caramels|
|¾ c.||chocolate-covered raisins|
|½ c.||chopped Planters walnuts, toasted|
|½ c.||Baker's Angel Flake coconut, toasted|
- Prepare and bake brownie mix in 13-by-9-inch pan as directed on package for cake-like brownies.
- Microwave caramels and water in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Pour over warm brownies; sprinkle with raisins, nuts and coconut.
- Cool completely on wire rack; cut into bars.
- Variation: Prepare as directed, using chopped Planters pecans and/or substituting 6 ounces chopped Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate for the chocolate-covered raisins.
- How to toast coconut: Just spread Baker's Angel Flake coconut evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Or, spread in microwaveable pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every minute. Watch carefully as coconut can easily burn!
- How to toast nuts: Toasting nuts adds crunch and intensifies their flavor. To toast nuts in the oven, spread nuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. To toast nuts on the stovetop, place nuts in ungreased skillet. Cook on medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently. To toast nuts in the microwave, place up to 1 cup of nuts in a microwaveable shallow dish. Microwave on HIGH until fragrant and crisp, stirring every 30 seconds.
160 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
www.kraftrecipes.com, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 11, 2013.