Deviled Egg Pumpkins
Servings and Ingredients
|8 large eggs|
|3 tbsp. mayonnaise|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|¼ tsp. paprika, plus more for sprinkling|
|¼ c. roasted red pepper, optional|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3 chives, cut into 16 (1/2-inch) pieces|
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Gently lower eggs into the water, return to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Cook eggs for 11 minutes.
- Drain and place in ice water to cool for 10 minutes.
- Crack egg shells and peel under cool running water. Slice eggs in half lengthwise; scoop out the yolks.
- Refrigerate whites. Place yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and red pepper in a food processor; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a pastry bag and pipe about 1 tablespoon into the center of each egg white.
- Use a toothpick to create vertical pumpkin lines in the yolk mixture and set a piece of chive on top.
- Sprinkle yolks with paprika.
adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-pepper-deviled-eggs