Denver Breakfast Skillet
Servings and Ingredients
|6 strips Hy-Vee center-cut bacon, diced|
|½ c. diced onion|
|¼ c. diced green bell pepper|
|2 c. frozen Hy-Vee potatoes O'Brien|
|6 Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee finely shredded cheddar cheese|
|Hy-Vee cracked black pepper, to taste|
- Fry bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cook onion and pepper in bacon drippings 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes O'Brien and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and slightly crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium; pour in eggs and cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Season with black pepper and serve warm.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 355mg
- Sodium: 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 19g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.