Servings and Ingredients
|1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added white kidney beans|
|2 oz. feta cheese|
|2 tbsp. olive oil|
|2 to 4 tbsp tahini paste|
|¾ tsp. grated lemon zest|
|2 tsp. lemon juice|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|⅓ c. chopped sundried tomatoes|
|16 slices whole grain baguette, 1 side toasted under broiler until golden brown|
|1 to 2 tbsp mixed black or white sesame seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, or golden and brown flax seeds|
- Drain white kidney beans, reserving 2 tablespoons canning liquid; set liquid aside. Rinse and drain remaining beans.
- Combine drained kidney beans and feta cheese in a food processor and pulse until beans are chopped. Scrape down sides of processor bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil and 2 tablespoons tahini paste.
- With the processor running, add olive oil mixture and puree until smooth. Add lemon zest and juice and reserved bean liquid. Purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If a stronger sesame flavor is desired, add remaining 2 tablespoons tahini paste. Add chopped sundried tomatoes, if using, and pulse to combine.
- Scrape into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight), to allow flavors to blend.
- Spread approximately 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons bean mixture onto slices of toasted bread and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle seeds over top to resemble critters and bugs. Serve immediately.
130 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%