Creamy Chocolate Walnut Pie
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(9 oz) Hy-Vee frozen pie crust, prepared according to package directions and cooled|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|3 tbsp.||light corn syrup|
|1 c.||whipping cream|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee cocoa powder|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee chopped walnuts|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee whipped topping, thawed|
- Stir sugar and corn syrup together in small saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Boil mixture about 4 minutes without stirring until it turns golden brown, swirling pan occasionally.
- Stir in whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder and remove from heat.
- Pour cocoa mixture into caramel mixture. Whisk together until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts. Pour filling into crust. Chill 4 hours or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie before serving.
520 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 38g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%