Soup, Chili & Stew
Corn and Shrimp Chowder with Crispy Bacon
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|¾ c. chopped onion|
|¾ c. chopped red bell pepper|
|1 (16 oz) pkg Hy-Vee frozen cut golden corn|
|1 medium Hy-Vee russet potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 c.)|
|1 (14.5 oz) can Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|1 c. Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee dried thyme, crushed|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee crushed red pepper|
|1 lbs. uncooked 51- to 60-count shrimp, peeled|
|2 strips Hy-Vee applewood-smoked bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled|
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, potato and broth; bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine half-and-half, flour, thyme, salt and pepper flakes; stir into corn mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 21g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 50%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2009.