Corn and Edamame Succotash
This recipe gives you a healthy serving of veggies packed with nutrients. And it comes together in just 30 minutes!
Watch how this recipe comes together on an episode of Healthy You on HSTV.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 medium ears corn, shucked|
|2 c. frozen shelled edamame, thawed|
|1 small red bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, cut up|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|1 pt. red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro|
Things To Grab
- Remove corn from cob using a corn grater or knife, to yield approximately 2 cups. Set aside.
- Fold two pieces of 24-by-12-inch pieces of heavy foil in half to make 2 (12-inch) squares. Place half the corn, edamame and bell pepper in center of each foil square. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium heat. Grill packets for 16 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning the packet once halfway through grilling.
- Remove packet from grill and keep warm. Just before serving, open packets and stir in tomatoes and cilantro.
- If using in the Marinated Flank Steak recipe, add the steak slices before the tomatoes and cilantro.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 100%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.