Making a high-end tiramisu isn't difficult—there's not even baking involved! Simply layer these ingredients and garnish for an elegant Italian dessert.
Servings and Ingredients
|2||(8 oz each) containers mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee part-skim ricotta cheese, softened to room temperature|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee light whipped topping, thawed|
|½ c.||strong brewed Seattle's Best coffee|
|¼ c.||coffee liqueur|
|2||(10.77 oz each) loaf pound cakes|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder|
- In large bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until just blended. Fold in ricotta and whipped topping; set aside.
- In cup or small bowl, combine coffee and coffee liqueur; set aside.
- Slice each loaf of pound cake into 12 slices. Line bottom of 9-inch square pan with 8 slices of pound cake.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1/4 cup of the coffee mixture over pound cake slices.
- Add one third of cheese mixture over pound cake, spreading to cover. Top with another layer of pound cakes slices, coffee mixture and cheese mixture. Repeat for third layer.
- Dust with cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: For decorated top, place remaining third of cheese mixture into resealable plastic bag, cut corner and pipe mixture over pound cake.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2008.