Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ½ c.||all-purpose flour|
|¼ c.||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|½ tsp.||baking powder|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|¼ c.||ground flax seed|
|½ c.||margarine, softened|
|¼ c.||canola oil|
|1 ½ c.||sugar|
|½ c.||sour 1% milk*|
|2 c.||finely grated, unpeeled zucchini|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground flax.
- In a separate bowl, cream margarine, oil and sugar. Add eggs and sour milk. Add zucchini and mix. Add dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed.
- Fill 24 paper muffin baking cups half to two-thirds full of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from muffin tins and cool on wire rack.
- *To sour milk, place 1/2 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice in a 1/2 cup measure and fill with 1% milk. Let stand a few minutes.
174 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 3g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.