Chocolate Star Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Keep a cookie jar full of these yummy treats for a quick afternoon snack with an icy glass of milk or hot cup of coffee.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee packed brown sugar|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee margarine|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|1||(7 oz) bag Hy-Vee chocolate stars|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and margarine until smooth. Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll each ball in remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately press one chocolate star in center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before storing.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee chocolate stars package.