Chocolate Porter Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (18.25 oz) box Hy-Vee devil's food cake mix|
|1 (12 oz) bottle Baraboo Cold Cocoa Zoet chocolate porter|
|½ c. vegetable oil|
|1 c. heavy cream|
|1 (10 oz) bag Hy-Vee 60% dark chocolate chips|
|1 tbsp. Irish cream liqueur|
|2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|2 ¼ c. powdered sugar|
|½ tsp. salt|
|¼ c. Irish cream liqueur|
|1 tbsp. vanilla extract|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat devil's food cake mix, chocolate porter, vegetable oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- To make ganache, bring cream just to boil in heavy small saucepan. Place chocolate chips and Irish cream liqueur in medium bowl; pour hot cream over. Let stand 1 minute, then whisk until melted and smooth. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Place chocolate ganache in a pasty bag. Holding a cupcake in your hand, plunge the top of the ganache filled pastry bag 1 inch into cupcake; fill with 1/2-1 tablespoon ganache and remove pastry tip. Repeat this process until all cupcakes are filled with ganache.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter until it is smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar gradually. Then add salt, Irish cream and vanilla. Beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into piping bag fitted with a star tip; pipe 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons frosting in circular pattern on tops of cupcakes. Alternately, use a knife and spread frosting on cupcakes.
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1