Chocolate Meringue Cookies
Servings and Ingredients
|3 Hy-Vee large egg whites, at room temperature|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Select balsamic vinegar|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar, sifted|
|1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, finely grated|
- Combine egg whites, vinegar and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form and mixture becomes glossy.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate until just blended.
- Pipe or drop mixture by 2-tablespoonfuls, 1 inch apart, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Carefully peel cookies from parchment or foil and cool completely on wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.
- *Variation: Bake at 300 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are light golden brown.
25 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Healthy Living Recipes Cookbook.