For birthdays, team sports, or after-school snacks, kids go bananas over these sweet bites of frozen chocolate-covered fruit. Especially when you add sprinkles.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 medium firm ripe bananas|
|12 popsicle sticks|
|Assorted coatings such as toffee bits, chopped nuts, crumbled cookies, toasted shredded coconut or candy sprinkles|
|1 (12 oz) bag Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee canola oil|
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Peel bananas; cut each banana into 4 chunks. Insert popsicle sticks into each banana chunk. Spread out onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze, uncovered, for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place each desired topping in a separate shallow dish. In a double boiler, combine chocolate chips and oil. Stir over medium-low heat just until smooth. (Or, melt chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.)
- Remove bananas from freezer. Dip one at a time into melted chocolate, making sure banana is completely covered with chocolate. If desired, roll or sprinkle chocolate-coated banana in desired coating. Place banana back on baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour more.
- When completely frozen, store bananas in a freezer-proof container for up to 1 week. Place bananas in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to soften, before serving.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.