Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. Bob's Red Mill white flour|
|½ c. Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat flour|
|½ tsp. Hain salt|
|¼ tsp. baking soda|
|¼ tsp. baking powder|
|½ c. Horizon butter, softened|
|1 ¼ c. Hain granulated sugar|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|3 Sparboe eggs|
|1 c. Stonyfield low-fat vanilla yogurt|
|¼ c. instant hot cocoa mix|
|½ c. powdered sugar|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee organic skim milk|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture, alternately with yogurt, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Remove 1 cup of batter. Stir in cocoa mix.
- Pour half of the plain batter into a greased and floured 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Drop cocoa batter by spoonfuls onto plain batter in pan. Add remaining plain batter. Swirl batters deeply with handle of wooden spoon for marbled design.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- To serve, stir together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cake. Slice.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 56g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee HealthMarket, December 2005.