Servings and Ingredients
|2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half to yield 4 pieces|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|½ c. flour, for dredging|
|3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 shallot, minced|
|1 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|1 tsp. lemon zest|
|⅓ c. fresh lemon juice|
|½ c. chicken broth|
|¼ c. brined capers, rinsed|
|4 tbsp. butter, softened|
|1 c. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half|
|1 lbs. angel hair pasta, prepared according to package directions|
|2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley|
|½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Discard flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining 2 pieces of chicken.
- In the same pan, add shallot and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lemon zest and juice, broth and capers. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- For the sauce, add butter to the pan and whisk vigorously. Add cherry tomatoes just to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta on a large platter, top with the chicken and pour the sauce over the top; garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
820 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 29g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 103g
- Protein: 35g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 30%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1.