Servings and Ingredients
|12 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|8 oz. Gouda cheese, rind removed, shredded|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|1 ½ c. dry white wine, such as Chablis or Sauvignon Blanc|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee lemon juice|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground mustard|
|⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg|
|1 clove garlic, halved|
|Snipped fresh chives, for garnish|
|Cubed French bread, blanched broccoli florets, blanched asparagus spears, red bell pepper wedges, sliced apples, sliced pears, for dipping|
- In a large bowl, toss shredded cheeses with cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat wine and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Just before wine boils, reduce heat to low.
- Stir in 1 heaping cup shredded cheese mixture. Stir constantly in a zig-zag or figure-eight motion until cheese is completely melted. Continue adding cheese, 1 heaping cup at a time, until all cheese has been added. Stir constantly until fondue begins to bubble. Add ground mustard and nutmeg; stir until smooth.
- Rub fondue pot with cut sides of garlic clove and pour in fondue. Keep fondue bubbling gently over fondue burner. Sprinkle with chives for garnish.
- If desired, serve with cubed French bread, blanched broccoli florets, blanched asparagus spears, red bell pepper wedges, sliced apples and sliced pears.
- *If fondue becomes too thick, thin with warm milk.
90 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.