Cereal Chewy Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c.||Hy-Vee marshmallow treasures cereal|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee salted peanuts|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|¾ c.||light corn syrup|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee peanut butter|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|1 c.||candy coated chocolate pieces|
- Combine cereal and peanuts in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in peanuts butter and vanilla until smooth. Immediately pour over cereal mixture, toss to coat evenly. Stir in candy coated chocolate pieces.
- Press into a greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Cool completely, cut into bars.
- Microwave Directions: Combine cereal and peanuts in large bowl; set aside. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring once. Continue to microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Continue as directed above.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Marshmallow Treasures Cereal.