Caribbean Rum White Chocolate Cake
Drizzle cake with additional rum just before serving to intensify the flavor.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. plus 2 tbsp high-quality white chocolate baking chips, divided|
|1 ¼ c. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|½ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|⅔ c. chopped Hy-Vee pecans|
|2 ¼ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|½ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|4 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|⅔ c. buttermilk|
|½ c. plus 2 tbsp Caribbean rum cream liqueur, divided|
|1 c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Chop 2 tablespoons white chocolate baking chips; set aside.
- For topping, in a small mixing bowl beat 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium until creamy. Stir in pecans and chopped white chocolate baking chips. Press mixture into bottom of prepared tube pan. Chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium until creamy. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat for 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and 1/2 cup liqueur. Using an electric mixer on low, add flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to batter, mixing well after each addition. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing cake from pan. Cool several hours or overnight.
- For glaze, combine remaining 2 tablespoons liqueur and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth; drizzle over the cake.
640 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 34g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 300g
- Total Carbohydrates: 73g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2014.