These tasty caramel apples may look like they came out of a gourmet shop, but they're easy to make with caramel apple wraps from you Hy-Vee produce section.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||granny smith apples, washed and stems removed|
|8||caramel apple wraps|
|1 c.||melted chocolate chips|
|¼ c.||melted white chocolate|
|Optional Toppings: pecans, chocolate chips, Heath bars, walnuts, marshmallows|
- Wrap each prepared apple in two sheets of caramel wrap, one wrap over the bottom and the other over the top of the apples, overlapping in the middle. Heat the apples to set the caramel according to package instructions. Insert a stick into the core of each apple using the sticks that come with the wraps.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second intervals on HIGH (being careful not to scorch). Dip the bottom half of each apple in the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still soft, roll the apples in a variety of optional toppings.
- Place the apples on a pan and refrigerate to set the chocolate. Once the chocolate has set, drizzle white chocolate over toppings. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
680 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 113g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2011.