Caramel Apple Treats
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|½ c. Hy-Vee margarine, softened|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee shortening|
|1 ¾ c. plus 3 tbsp Hy-Vee flour, divided|
|1 ½ c. uncooked Hy-Vee old-fashioned oats|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|3 ½ c. coarsely chopped and pared Granny Smith apples (3 medium)|
|1 (12.25 oz) jar caramel ice cream topping|
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, margarine and shortening. Mix well. Stir in 1-3/4 cups flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together apples and 3 tablespoons flour. Spread in baking dish. Pour caramel over apples. Top with reserved oat mixture; press lightly.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%