Candy Stripe Meringue Cookies
Servings and Ingredients
|3||Hy-Vee large egg whites|
|¼ tsp.||cream of tartar|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|Hy-Vee red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time in a steady stream, beating until stiff peaks form. The meringue should have a glossy surface.
- With a small brush, paint a 1/4-inch strip of red food coloring down one side of pastry bag. Carefully spoon meringue into the pastry bag with a star tip.
- Pipe rosettes onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on pan on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
10 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2011.