Brown Sugar Shortbread
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|½ c.||firmly packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee pure vanilla extract|
|1 ¾ c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|1 pinch(es)||Hy-Vee salt|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar until just combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt. Stir until dough begins to form a ball.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 1-inch-by-3-inch pieces. If desired, prick with a fork. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Shortbread crust for fruit pizza: Press dough into an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove rim and allow to cool completely.
- Dipped shortbread: Dip cookies in melted dark, semi-sweet or white chocolate and roll in toasted and chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Cinnamon-sugar shortbread: Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon to butter-sugar mixture.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2007.