Figs have two short seasons, one in summer and one in autumn. When the fresh fruit is not available, try another delicious alternative—purchased fig spread, found near the gourmet cheeses at your local Hy-Vee. Top each crostini with 1 teaspoon of the spread.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (8 oz) loaf Hy-Vee Bakery French bread|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 (8 oz) round Brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|4 fresh figs, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|2 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted*|
|Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice bread on the bias into 15 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn baguette slices over. Top with Brie cheese and fig slices.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until Brie is melted. Sprinkle with pine nuts. If desired, garnish with thyme.
- *Note: To toast pine nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once or twice. Cool completely.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 5g