Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||golden raisins|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|12 slice(s)||Sara Lee cinnamon with raisins bread|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee vitamin D milk|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp.||grated orange peel|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole dish.
- Place raisins in bowl of hot water to plump. Cover, soak for 20 minutes and drain well.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Butter both sides of each slice of bread and place on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven and toast bread on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Cool and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- To make custard, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and orange peel.
- Place toasted bread cubes in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with plumped raisins. Pour custard over bread and stir gently to combine.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Serve warm or cold.
200 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2010.