Bite-Sized Cranberry Kabobs
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(8 oz) can jellied cranberry sauce|
|1 tbsp.||Worcestershire sauce|
|8 oz.||firm tofu, cut in small cubes*|
|1||(8 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, allspice and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cranberry sauce melts.
- Pour half the mixture over tofu cubes and toss to coat well. Put cubes into lightly oiled baking dish or on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes, until cubes are glazed (about 40 to 50 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut onion into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch slices. Separate the layers and cut them to form squares. Steam or microwave 45 pieces until barely tender. (Save the remaining onion for another use.)
- Toss onion squares and pineapple tidbits with remaining marinade. Let them marinate until tofu is done baking. Drain off excess marinade and broil the pineapple on a lightly oiled baking sheet until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Skewer one piece of pineapple, one onion square and one tofu cube on each of 45 toothpicks.
- To serve, lay kabobs on a serving platter or stand them upright, with the tofu on the bottom.
- *To make tofu cubes, cut a 16-oz block of tofu in half. Cut 1 of the 8-oz pieces into 3 long slabs. Stack the pieces, then cut in thirds in one direction and fifths in the other making 45 cubes. Reserve the remaining 8-oz block for future use.
57 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 2g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.