Servings and Ingredients
|8 c.||assorted berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries|
|¼ c.||coconut palm sugar|
|¼ c.||chia seeds|
|1 c.||old-fashioned oats|
|⅓ c.||coconut palm sugar|
|⅓ c.||quinoa flour|
|5 tbsp.||coconut oil|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine filling ingredients and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and work into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over berries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned and crisp.
- If using frozen berries, an extra tablespoon of chia seeds may be necessary to thicken filling.
- If berries are very tart, add an extra tablespoon or two of sugar to sweeten. Adjust to your preferences.
Sheri Caldwell, RD, LD, St. Joseph (MO) dietitian and culinary nutritionist.