Berry Comforting Trifle
Servings and Ingredients
|3||(3.4 oz each) pkg instant vanilla pudding|
|6 c.||skim milk|
|1 tsp.||almond extract|
|1||(12 oz) loaf pound cake, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|½ c.||Smucker's red raspberry preserves|
|½ c.||Smucker's blackberry preserves|
|1||(8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed|
|8||crisp almond macaroon cookies, crushed|
|1||(96 oz) container fresh raspberries|
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Blend in almond extract.
- Spread 1/4 of pound cake slices with raspberry preserves and 1/4 with blackberry preserves. Top each slice with the remaining slices to form sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches into 3/4-inch wide pieces. Reserve a few to garnish on top of trifle.
- To assemble trifle, spoon 1/3 of pudding into trifle bowl. Alternate raspberry and blackberry cake pieces in pattern on pudding, using half of the pieces. Repeat layers. Top with remaining pudding. Chill several hours.
- Before serving, top with dollops of whipped topping. Sprinkle crushed macaroons around edge of dish. Garnish with fresh raspberries and reserved cake pieces.
480 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 80g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 8%