Beef Skewers with Garlicky White Bean Dip
Servings and Ingredients
|Garlicky White Bean Dip:|
|1||(15.5 oz) can great Northern beans or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained|
|1 tbsp.||sherry or balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, chopped|
|½ tsp.||smoked paprika, divided|
|16||(6-inch) bamboo skewers|
|1 lbs.||beef top sirloin boneless steaks, about 1-inch thick|
|1 tsp.||garlic-pepper seasoning|
|¼ tsp.||smoked paprika|
- To prepare Garlicky White Bean Dip, place beans, water, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until smooth.
- Spoon half of bean dip into clear serving bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top with remaining bean dip, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover; set aside.
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees) to medium (160 degrees) doneness, turning once. Serve with Garlicky White Bean Dip.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Bean dip may also be served in a shallow dish. Spread entire dip mixture into dish. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika on top; drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil.