Banana Date Bread
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||flour (all or part whole wheat)|
|½ c.||soy flour|
|2 tsp.||baking powder|
|¼ c.||soy oil|
|1 c.||mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)|
|¼ c.||soy or dairy milk|
|½ c.||chopped dates|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together flour, soy flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, soy oil and egg whites. Add mashed bananas and soymilk and blend well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Stir in the dates.
- Pour batter into nonstick or lightly oiled 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean and the sides are pulling away from the edges of the pan.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to finish cooling.
151 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 42mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 2g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.