Baked French Toast with Strawberry Syrup
Servings and Ingredients
|6 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla|
|10 (1/2-inch thick) slices French bread|
|4 c. fresh strawberries|
|⅓ c. water|
|1 (3 oz) pkg Hy-Vee strawberry gelatin|
- Arrange bread slices evenly on the bottom of a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring strawberries and water to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over French toast.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 265mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 62g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 110%