Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti
Few things will gather the family around the table quicker than a cheesy baked ziti. Works every time.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(12 oz) pkg Hy-Vee penne pasta|
|1||(12 oz.) pkg Hy-Vee frozen peas|
|2||(4 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee flour|
|1 tbsp.||fresh parsley, chopped|
|Hy-Vee salt and freshly ground Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
Things To Grab
- Large saucepan
- Casserole dish
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Grill chicken breasts until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, turning once. Set aside to cool slightly before slicing.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Whisk in flour, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- Once sauce is thickened, remove from heat. Stir in noodles and chicken, tossing to evenly coat. Pour into a casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
460 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 28g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 2%
From the week of September 16, 2015.