Baked Banana Fritters
A big hit with those on diets, this healthier baked version of traditionally fried fritters is reminiscent of a light scone.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, cold|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee milk|
|2 tsp.||grated orange zest|
|2||medium bananas, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|3 to 4 tbsp Hy-Vee milk|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, milk and orange zest; stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in bananas. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden and tops are beginning to brown. Cool several minutes on a wire rack.
- For glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to give glaze a thick drizzling consistency. Dip warm or cooled fritters into glaze.
160 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2014.