Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Pineapple Tidbits
Precooking the bacon in this sweet and savory appetizer helps it crisp up quicker on the grill.
Servings and Ingredients
|12||(6-inch long) bamboo skewers|
|6 oz.||fresh or frozen peeled, deveined large shrimp (12 shrimp total)|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|2 tbsp.||sriracha hot chili sauce|
|6 slice(s)||Hy-Vee bacon*|
|1 c.||fresh pineapple chunks|
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- For glaze, combine maple syrup and sriracha sauce; set aside.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain well on paper towels.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each pineapple chunk. On each skewer, thread bacon-wrapped pineapple through the loose bacon ends to secure. Add 1 shrimp to each skewer.
- Preheat grill to direct heat over medium heat.
- Place skewers on oiled grill rack. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and bacon is crisp and browned, turning once and brushing with glaze.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over skewers before serving.
- Tips: Do not use thick-cut bacon as it will take too long to crisp on the grill. When wrapping the pineapple, the bacon slice should fit around, overlapping just enough to be skewered through both ends.
50 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Big Holiday Food Book 2015, Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.