Apricot Hand Pies
Some of the best desserts come in small packages, as proven with these jam-filled pastries. They don't have to be apricot, either. Just use your favorite jam (a.k.a. whatever's in the fridge).
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (15 oz) pkg Hy-Vee ready-to-bake refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)|
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee apricot preserves|
|Water, as needed|
|Coarse sugar, as needed|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Cut out 6 circles of dough, each about 4 inches in diameter*. Save dough scraps. Brush edges of cutouts with water; place 1 tablespoon preserves in center of each. Fold dough over and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Using dough scraps, rerolling if needed, cut out desired letters or shapes. Brush bottom sides of cutouts with water and position on top of pies, pressing gently. Brush tops of pies with water and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- * If you don't have a 4-inch cutter, use a lid, bowl or other round object. Place the object on the piecrust and use a sharp knife to make the circle cutouts.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2016.