Apple, Walnut and Fresh Cherry Quinoa Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. uncooked quinoa, prepared with Hy-Vee apple juice|
|½ c. chopped toasted walnuts|
|1 c. quartered pitted fresh cherries|
|1 large apple, chopped|
|1 large celery stalk, chopped|
|2 tbsp. chopped red onion|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|2 to 3 tbsp Hy-Vee white balsamic raspberry blush vinegar|
|Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste|
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package, using apple juice in place of water. Cool completely in refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- Toss cooled quinoa, walnuts, cherries, apple, celery and onion together in a large bowl.
- Mix honey and vinegar in a separate bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time.
- Note: If more dressing is desired, double the dressing recipe and toss with the salad.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%