We promise you haven't had apples and pork chops like this before. Pan frying the chops in reserved bacon fat before throwing them on the grill increases the flavor exponentially. Now if you use the same trick for the apples ... oh, man. You're in for a treat.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 slice(s) Blue Ribbon thick cut bacon
|4 (8 oz each) Blue Ribbon boneless pork chops
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt
|¼ tsp. white pepper
|1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
|¼ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until crispy and fat is rendered, about 12 minutes.
- Remove bacon and cool slightly before chopping. Reserve bacon fat in skillet. Reduce heat if it begins to smoke.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Carefully place pork chops in skillet with reserved bacon grease and pan fry on each side for about 4 minutes a side. Using tongs, remove pork chops from skillet and reserve bacon fat in skillet.
- Grill pork chops, turning once, until a thermometer placed into the thickest part of the pork chop reaches 145 degrees. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Add apples to skillet with bacon fat and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar until well incorporated and sugar melts into the fat, about 2 minutes. Mix in chopped bacon and remove from heat.
- Serve pork chops with apple bacon mixture on top.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 1290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 48g