Apple and Pear Tart
We like Granny Smith apples for their slight tartness, but you can use any kind of apple in this tart.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 c.||cold Hy-Vee unsalted butter, sliced|
|3 to 4 tbsp ice-cold water|
|1||(7 oz) container pure almond paste|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|1||Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored|
|1||Anjou or Bartlett pear, quartered, cored|
|1 tsp.||cinnamon and sugar mixture|
|1 tbsp.||coarse sugar|
Things To Grab
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture until pieces are pea-size. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with fork after each addition just until moist enough to hold together.
- Lightly spray an 11-inch tart pan with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly press dough into pan, making neat edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine almond paste and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg white. Spread the almond paste mixture evenly over bottom of warm crust.
- Slice apple and pear quarters crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, keeping each one together. Arrange slices, core-side down, on top of almond mixture. Fan apples and pears with your hands to lightly press into almond mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture and coarse sugar.
- Bake until apples and pears are slightly soft, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Amounts Per Serving
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.