Soup, Chili & Stew
All-Day Chipotle Pork Chili
Bold, saucy, and meaty, that's what you can expect from this slow cooker chili. Consider making it a day in advance. Chili always tastes better when the flavors have had a chance to chill in the fridge together.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 ½ lbs.||pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|1 c.||chopped onion|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|2||red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee beef broth|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee chunky salsa|
|1||(16 oz) can Bush's red chili beans, rinsed and drained|
|1||(1.25 oz) package McCormick chili seasoning mix|
|2 tbsp.||finely chopped canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce|
|Hy-Vee sour cream, optional|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs, optional|
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes, onion and garlic; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is browned.
- Place pork mixture in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add bell peppers, beef broth, salsa, chili beans, chili seasoning mix and chipotle peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 1070mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 75mg
- Protein: 30g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 100%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2009.