Sweet Potato Mash
Servings and Ingredients
|5||large sweet potatoes (5 to 6 lbs.), peeled if desired|
|½ c.||milk or cream|
|½ c.||maple syrup, plus more for garnish|
|¼ c.||slivered almonds|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Quarter sweet potatoes and add to boiling water. Continue to boil until potatoes are very soft when pierced with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then place in a large mixing bowl. Using a potato masher or a hand mixer on low speed, begin to mash potatoes.
- Slowly add milk, butter and maple syrup, blending until smooth. Add more milk if desired.
- Season potatoes with salt and garnish with cinnamon and slivered almonds.
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 21, 2016