Servings and Ingredients
|1||medium carrot, peeled and diced small|
|1||celery, diced small|
|½||medium yelow onion, chopped|
|½ c.||fresh or frozen corn|
|½||bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 ½ lbs.||tenderized round steak|
|salt and black pepper, to taste|
|6 oz.||plus 4 tbsp chili sauce|
|shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Saute carrot, celery, onion, corn and bell pepper in olive oil until onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Transfer vegetables to a paper towel lined plate.
- Trim excess fat from steak. Season with black pepper and a little salt on one side. Spread seasoned side of steak with 6 ounces chili sauce. Spread sauteed vegetables evenly on top of chili sauce. Roll up round steak jelly-roll fashion around the vegetable mixture.
- Cut rolled steak in approximately 3-inch wide slices (about 4 slices). Secure each slice with a toothpick.
- Broil steak rolls until done.
- Top each roll with 1 tablespoon chili sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.